The Training Institute offers three instructional formats:
- Ten full-length courses (15 class hours each). Full classes meet Monday thru Friday.
- Six mini-courses (10 to 12 class hours each). Classes meet Monday thru Thursday.
- Three Sunday pre-conference workshops (4 class hours each).
Participants can enroll in 1 or 2 full or mini courses. Sunday workshops are not included in the maximum of 2 courses taken during the week.
- If you want to take one course, you can choose either one full course OR one mini-course.
- If you want to take two courses, you can choose one morning full course or mini-course
AND one afternoon full course of mini-course.
Because of the popularity of the Tobacco Use Prevention Training Institute and to ensure representation from all public health communities, with a mix of attendees from state, local and community health agencies, national tobacco prevention and advocacy organizations, and non-profit voluntary agencies, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office on Smoking and Health are requiring that the following application procedures be used for the 2001 Training Institute:
- ADVANCED APPLICATIONS: Each state, territory, national network, and tribal support group funded through CDC’s National Tobacco Control Program is guaranteed three (3) class spaces. An additional 10 class spaces have been set aside for applicants designated by CDC-OSH. Completed applications for these ADVANCED spaces must be received no later than Friday, May 11, 2001. Notification of acceptance to ADVANCED spaces will begin Monday, May 14, 2001.
- GENERAL APPLICATIONS: After spaces for advanced applicants have been filled (May 14, 2001), all remaining applications will be reviewed by CDC-OSH and UNC, and additional applications will be accepted. Every effort will be made to ensure representation from all public health communities as defined above. Completed applications for these GENERAL spaces must be received no later than Friday, June 29, 2001. Notification of acceptance to the GENERAL class spaces in the Training Institute will begin Friday, June 8, 2001.
Enrollment in the Training Institute is limited to 30 participants in each of the 10 full courses and 6 mini-courses offered.
- The Application must be completed in its entirety, including satisfactory payment arrangements, as outlined below. Incomplete Applications will not be processed.
- A fully completed Application should indicate a 1st and 2nd choice of courses desired.
- Web site registration is available at www.tupti.org. A credit card is not required to register on-line. Applications will also be accepted by mail or by fax.
- Tuition rates for each course, mini-course, and workshop are listed on the Application Form. Tuition rates include all class materials and breaks.
- The following methods of payment for tuition and fees will be accepted and must be indicated on or attached to the completed Application Form before the Application will be stamped as received:(a) Personal check, money order, or certified funds (payable to UNC-CH)(b) Agency check (payable to UNC-CH). The Federal Tax ID No. is 56-6001393.
(c) MasterCard or VISA
(d) Agency purchase order number (with copy of the purchase order attached)
(e) Letter (on agency letterhead) from supervisor and/or accounting personnel verifying that the agency check or the agency purchase order number is being processed and the projected processing time. A copy of any interoffice form or paperwork necessary to request a check or a purchase order should be attached to the letter if possible.
Submitting an application does not guarantee placement in courses at the Training Institute. You are encouraged to not make airline reservations until you have received a confirmation from the Training Institute office that you have been accepted as a participant. Notification of acceptance of your application to the Training Institute will be forwarded in ample time to take advantage of travel discounts.